Monday, February 9, 2009

What Do You Want

It is 2009 and Sexy Ebony BBWS 4 Blkmen has been pretty quite. The blog has been empty and you can hear a pin drop in our yahoo groups. So the question I ask is where is everyone. This is nothing new. Life goes on and people live their lives and do their thing but I have to wonder if lack of interest in the group is due to the fact that the group is not providing something you need. I am considering closing our subgroups and sending invites to our main group. With the lack of conversations what is the point in having multiple groups what conversation that occurs can happen in our main group. Does ANYONE EVEN CARE. I ask this in all seriousness because I really want to know. We constantly ask the group what do they want. We try to generate conversation we constantly add new members hoping that someone somewhere will say something and maybe spark a bit of conversation. I can't do it alone. I am a working mother of twins about to embark on some major life changes so time is limited. I would really like to know what can be done to keep the group that I love alive. All suggestions are welcome. You can post to the blog send your message through the group or send an email to info@sexyebonybbws.com I don't care how you send the message just as long as you send it and help a sista out. I want to know what you think.

2 comments:

Phury's Mistress said...

Good morning to you Dee,

True, the blog is silent...mournful-like almost, but I am not extremely surprised. Seems to me that the war on the opposition to the standard-quo, are huddled within themselves or within this matrix reality that they find themselves going along to get along. I know, somedays I am still apart of that pack. Fighting biases and oppressive imagery, as well as themselves day in and day out. It’s a phenomenon how we are so quick to openly oppress and single out a group of people, without a self-conscious thought at all. Fat, being big period, has turned into a war on size. A reversal of the Red Scare. (shakes head)
Perhaps your bloggers have lost interested in fighting for their desires; perhaps the women have taken the mirrors down again, covered them with stickers, bound their selves in black and trying to fit themselves back into blindness. Who knows. But as a newcomer...I found your website tonight, just browsing for a bit of inspiration and a kindred-spirit, at the end of this tirade of sorts, I no longer see an empty blog, but a flower pot yet unfilled. I was a lonely bee out looking and I happened upon this. Other bees will follow. Never give up, not when it cost you little to nothing to keep a beacon on in the lighthouse.
Sincerely,
Phury

1LittleByrd said...

Don't give up we are here battling our demons silently. But ever so often we seek sanctuary. And are glad to find the light on here.

We do care. Your work is not in vain.

Thank you for being here.