Monday, August 17, 2009

Dance Your Ass Off - I Just Don't Know

I just saw an episode of Dance Your Ass Off today and I really don't know what to think. For anyone that has not seen the show here is a clip to give you a taste of what the show is about. (This is not the episode I watched just a clip I happen to like.)




I am really torn. I actually like the concept. Combining the fun and activity of dancing with the weight loss process and then adding competition as a motivator will definitely bring in both contestants and audience. My problem is have we gone too far. I clearly admit I am not a reality show fan. My life has enough reality without watching someones hot mess on a TV screen. But in an effort to be objective I watched the episode and even got caught up in the competition. But when it was all over I still had to ask is it too much. I guess if it works for those involved so I will not knock it but I am just wondering if we have gone crazy with reality TV in general. Have we become so jaded that watching other people's issues is the only thing that entertains us. Have we forgotten that if these some individuals were looking for acting roles they would have a hard time finding a role that was not meant for the fat friend. I just don't know anymore.

2 comments:

Purrfitfit said...

I enjoyed that video. The people have to be commended for being brave to participate. If this makes their life healthier then so be it. Motivation comes in all kinds of ways. I don't really watch these kinds of shows...i live enough reality each day lol.

Val said...

I too enjoyed the video. When flipping channels I have seen the title of the show, but thought it was just another dance show, well it is but with a twist. That young lady really can move. I may watch a couple of the shows. Thanks for the video...