Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oprah Winfrey to Leave Talk Show in 2011 - ABC News

Oprah Winfrey to Leave Talk Show in 2011 - ABC News

This is just one news report on Oprah's announcement that has literally knocked a number people off their axis. I like the show but after this announcement I have come across people that absolutely love Oprah and are already morning the lost of the show. Since Oprah is a Curvy Sista, who has publicly shown her weight lost struggle I felt obligated to bring it up and see what the Curvy world has to say.

I personally will miss the show. Though I was not an avid watcher of the show, I loved many of her interviews and found the show to be quite entertaining most days. I loved the Friday format that she started in the summer (a kinda Oprah version of the View) and just loved watching this woman expand and grow before my eyes. But I will not miss Oprah because she will not be fading to black. With the kick off of OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) in 2011 she will be in the the thick of modern media. This is actually the best time for her to end the show. It frees up time and resources for her network and now whatever she does under the OWN does not have to be negotiated with other media outlet. Oprah actually has her OWN thing now. I can not wait to see what is up next for the Oprah. Tell me what do you think.

1 comment:

Dean Sanderson said...

i pity the network that is going to lose Oprah; that can't be good for ratings